To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to have a basic knowledge of health and safety, to make them aware of the inherent dangers on construction sites, so that they will be able to identify existing hazards and avoid exposure to associated risk of injury while at work.
- The reasons for promoting Safety
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Accident prevention
- Accident Reporting and Emergency
- Health and Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at heights
- Working with Electricity, Underground and
- Overhead Services.
- Use of Hand Held Equipment and Tools
- Safe use of vehicles
- Noise and Vibrations
- Excavations and confined spaces
Certification: SOLAS Safe Pass card on successful completion
All candidates must bring a passport size photograph and PPS Number.