People-Patient Handling Training Course
On completion of this Patient Handling course participants will be able to:
- Recognize a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a patient handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle patients safely.
Patient Handling Training Course Content
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect patient handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- Normal patient movement
- Patient handling aids & techniques
Each participant will receive a certificate of completion issued by FPPI , which is valid for 2 years.
The course is aimed at employees whose work involves the movement or assisting the movements of patients with injury or decreased.
Maximum number of learners : 12
Course duration : 4 Hrs
All our course tutors are FETAC Approved