Level 2 C&G’s Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operator
Aims of Course:
This course is for anyone who is required to operate chainsaws for cross cutting and felling small trees.
It will provide the knowledge and skills required for learners to be assessed for the regulated qualification: Level 2 Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operator.
- Know relevant Health & Safety Legislation and Industry Good Practice
- Be able to carry out operation to check chainsaws
- Be able to carry out maintenance of the chainsaw and cutting system
- Be able to cross cut timber using a chainsaw
- Be able to fell & process trees up to 380mm
- Be able to remove branches using a chainsaw
- Be able to take down hung up trees