An Overview of Managers’ Responsibilities under Safety Legislation
Did you know that 80% of workplace accidents are due to management failure? (H.S.A)
Why do we need to investigate accidents?
Following a serious incident, the Health and Safety Authority, Gardai or the D.P.P. will want to know:
- Do you manage and conduct work activities?
- Can you prove you are compliant with sections 8, 80 & 81 of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, 2005?
- Can you prove that you carried out your duties as outlined in your Safety Statement?
- Do you have relevant up to date risk assessments and policies and procedures?
- Can you prove that you are proactively managing safety, health and welfare at work?
- Are all employees under your control competent?
Our briefing will assist you to answer “yes” to all of the above.
- Safety legislation, Safety statement, Consulting with staff
- Risk assessment
- The safety inspector
- Principles of safety management
The briefing, which is presented by a Chartered Safety Practitioner, is aimed at line managers, supervisors and those with a responsibility to manage.